Translate

Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Starting Holt


 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tom, this a Holt 45 crawler tractor built in 1914, and was an Army test tractor before becoming a farm tractor. Most of the Holt 45s were sent to Europe during WW I. Holt and Best merged to become Caterpillar.

      Delete
  2. I did not find any caption for the image or photo shown in this article. However, the image appears to show an old tractor covered with dust inside a workshop or storage building. The faded paint and worn condition suggest that it has not been used for a long time. It may be waiting to be repaired or restored.

    The picture reminds us of the history of farming and the importance of old agricultural machinery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tractor in the foreground is a McCormick-Dearing WD-6 from 1949. It is set up to use its belt pully to start the 1914 Holt. The paint color is wrong, but it runs great.

      Delete
  3. So very cool to see and know about the history, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impresionante tractor de aquellos años. Es una joya que hay que conservar y guardar con mucho cuidado. Es memoria de como se trabajaba y vivía entonces. Muchas gracias por la información que dejas en tu respuesta a Tomás.
    Un abrazo Jeff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luis, the 1914 Holt crawler tractor is an important historic machine. It has been meticulously restored by my friend, Bill. Eventually it will be displayed in a museum.

      Delete
  5. I seem to recall another picture of the Holt, but my memory has been known to be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, I have posted pictures of the amazing 1914 Holt crawler tractor in the past. For several years I have watched it being restored.

      Delete