Translate

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Belted Galloway Cattle


The Belted Galloway cattle originate from Galloway in southwest Scotland. These cattle are raised for beef which is lean, tender, and tasty. They survive well in inclement environments as they have a double layer of hair that sheds rain and keeps the animal warm. They also survive well on a wider range of vegetation that other cattle. They are also known as gentle to handle, and they calve easily. They are also known as Belties, and Oreo Cattle. 

 

10 comments:

  1. Holy cow! This is a rare sight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a wee bit like a girdle or a corset TFG 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like they are wearing a big belt to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!! Like those pastoral paintings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've heard of this kind of cattle before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them. There are a small herd down the road from us.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Oreo cattle", haha! those cows seem to have many qualities! In Scotland, they say COOS for cows :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesante información sobre ese tipo de ganado. La foto es simple pero tiene mucha magia.
    Abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting breed of cattle. I'd never seen those before.
    Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete