Tom, that's what I thought also, but this species escaped from a pet store in the Bahamas, and in just a few years has spread across North America. Our state has a year around hunting season on them. It is competing and occupying the space used by Mourning Doves.
Que bien se posicionó para permitir que te lucieras haciendo esta foto.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo Jeff.
Sometimes birds cooperate for a photo, but usually not. I was just lucky here.
Delete...the dove of peace.
ReplyDeleteTom, that's what I thought also, but this species escaped from a pet store in the Bahamas, and in just a few years has spread across North America. Our state has a year around hunting season on them. It is competing and occupying the space used by Mourning Doves.
DeletePeace came to my mind too.
ReplyDeletePeace be with you!
ReplyDeletehe/she is watching you, nice coloured bird.
ReplyDeleteI see the Asian Collared Doves here occasionally. They are beautiful! I hear the Mourning Doves more often than I see them.
ReplyDelete